At Yang Orthodontics, we want to guide you through your smile journey, every step of the way. Here are a few tools, tips and tricks to make your adjustment period more convenient and comfortable with using elastics.
Purpose Of Elastics
To correct bite issues by adjusting the way the upper and lower jaw fit together.
How To Put On Elastics
- Hold the elastic between your thumb and index finger.
- Loop the elastic around the metal hook that is furthest back.
- Stretch the elastic forward towards the front metal hook.
• Only take them out to brush your teeth and eat proper meals; you can leave them in while eating snacks
• Wear as instructed until told to stop by the Doctor
• Do NOT double up on elastics
Q: My elastic broke, what should I do?
A: Put in a fresh new one. Always carry some elastics on you in case something happens.
Q: I ran out of elastics, what next?
A: Call our office and we will give you more! We always supply more at your appointments as well.
Q: I forgot to wear my elastics?
A: Put new ones in as soon as you remember and continue to wear them. The less you wear them, the longer your treatment gets.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to give us a call/text at 215-757-0864 or email us at [email protected].