We are proud to say that Dr. Yang is an Elite Provider of the Invisalign system. For those who are concerned about their appearance while undergoing other orthodontic treatments such as traditional braces, this is the perfect option for you! Dr. Yang has completed numerous Invisalign cases in order to have a full understanding of the capabilities and results of this orthodontic option. For adults and other candidates of Invisalign, it is the key to a better smile without the traditional metal braces. However, the aesthetics are merely just one of the benefits of this orthodontic treatment. If you think that you or someone you know may be a candidate for Invisalign, we would highly encourage you read more below!
- Braces — You need them, but you don’t want them. Or rather, you don’t want the look or the inconvenience of them. That’s okay—there are other options. And the best is Invisalign.
- Invisalign is a Braces — Like system that uses invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that are made to fit snuggly against your teeth. Because of their clear plastic material and perfect fit, they are fully invisible to those around you. Invisalign has been in use for two decades now, so you can rest assured that it works. In fact, over 70 percent of orthodontists offer it at their practice.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is great for fixing crowded or misaligned teeth to create a beautiful smile for you, but that’s not the only benefit of this orthodontic treatment. An Invisalign treatment can have many oral health benefits as well, including:
- Preventing Gum Disease
- Limiting Cavities
- Preventing Tooth Decay
- Improving Digestion
- Preventing Periodontal Disease
- And more!
The Key Facts
Ready to learn more? Then let’s take a look at the key facts you should know about this form of treatment.
- The process starts with a smile assessment which is a digital scan of your dental anatomy—no uncomfortable impressions
- Based on this scan, a computer program will design the aligners for your custom treatment plan, determining the most effective “route” for your teeth to move along
- Before you agree to treatment, you will see the final results the system will deliver for you
- These aligners will be made at a lab and then sent to us
- You come in once they are ready and pick them up
- Every two weeks, you switch out your aligners, moving to the next in the series
- Because the aligners are removable, you can take them out to eat, drink, brush, and floss
- And since you make the adjustments by changing aligners, we only see you every 6 to 10 weeks
- Treatment is usually complete in about 15 months
- After treatment, retainers will be used to hold the teeth in place
Sound good? Then it is time to find out if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you. Contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation.
The World’s Most Advanced Clear Aligner
Invisalign uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. So, you can smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign is made with 3-D computer imaging technology and has been proven effective. More than 70% of orthodontists in the US and Canada are certified to treat with Invisalign.
How Does It Work?
You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Yang has prescribed on your custom treatment plan. You’ll visit Dr. Yang about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
What Makes Invisalign® Better?
Not only are the aligners invisible, they are removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. Plus, brushing and flossing are no problem. They are also comfortable, with no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your doctor’s office getting adjustments.
Invisalign also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.