Invisalign First treatment is designed for little smiles.
As a child grows, their smile grows with them. Even with baby teeth, it may be time to start orthodontic treatment. This early interception is known as Phase 1 treatment. Yang Orthodontics is proud to provide Invisalign First, which is perfect for children ages 6 to 10 years.
What is Invisalign First?
Invisalign First is an aligner treatment that provides children the ability to make room for existing teeth and for incoming permanent teeth. Below are a few of the benefits of Invisalign First:
- Broad range preventative treatment – prevents teeth straightening issues in growing children, from simple to complex, including crowding, spacing, crooked teeth, and narrow dental arches.
- Removable for easy hygiene – easier for growing children to brush and floss.
- Comfortable design – no discomfort from rubbing brackets or poking wires.
- Can help with oral habits such as thumb sucking or tongue thrusting.
The Invisalign First Process
- Come in for a FREE consultation.
- Here your child will receive a 3D x-ray and a 3D model of their teeth using our iTero scanner.
- Dr. Yang will then consult you and your child on the Invisalign First custom treatment plan and show a digitized model of your child’s teeth before and after treatment is completed.
- Pickup the first round of Invisalign First clear aligner trays from Yang Orthodontics.
- Your child will wear each set of aligners for approximately one week.
- Every 6-12 weeks, visit Yang Orthodontics for a checkup to make sure treatment is on track to providing the perfect smile.
- Average treatment time varies from 10-16 months depending on the case.
What is the difference between Invisalign for adults and Invisalign First?
At Yang Orthodontics, we want to provide predictable results and a positive experience while addressing the unique needs of growing children. Invisalign First is a Phase 1 treatment that sets up the space for permanent teeth to grow into and prevents teeth straightening issues before they develop using align technology. Children who undergo Phase 1 treatment may still need orthodontic treatment once all permanent teeth have grown in.
Early correction of the teeth can often prevent a range of issues such as dental trauma, later removal of permanent teeth, or even jaw surgery. Leaving a severe condition untreated until all permanent teeth erupt could result in a problem too severe to correct with braces alone, such as loss of adult teeth.
Invisalign First is a great treatment option for children that need an orthodontic treatment but don’t necessarily want traditional early interception, like an arch expander.
Give Yang Orthodontics a call or send us a text at 215-757-0864 to determine if Invisalign Teen is the best treatment option for your child. You can also schedule a free consultation here!