Invisalign is a customized clear aligner treatment that can be a great alternative to traditional metal braces! Over time, Invisalign has expanded their product line to cater a more specific treatment towards different age groups. Yang Orthodontics is proud to provide Invisalign Teen, which is perfect for adolescents between the ages of 12-18 years.
What is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen is a treatment that provides adolescents the ability to straighten their smile discreetly. They would not have to restrict their diet as they would if going down the path of traditional braces and can continue playing sports or other extracurricular activities without worrying about broken brackets or loose wires.
The Invisalign Teen Process
- Come in for a FREE consultation.
- Here your child will receive a 3-D x-ray and a 3-D model of their teeth using our iTero scanner.
- Dr. Yang will then consult you and your child on the Invisalign Teen custom treatment plan and show a digitized model of your child’s teeth before & after treatment is completed.
- Pick up the first round of Invisalign Teen clear aligner trays from Yang Orthodontics.
- Your child will wear each set of aligners for approximately 2 weeks.
- Every 8-10 weeks, visit Yang Orthodontics for a checkup to make sure treatment is on track to providing the perfect smile.
- Average treatment time varies from 6-16 months depending on the case.
What is the difference between Invisalign for adults and Invisalign Teen?
Adolescents may be a little more forgetful when it comes to putting their aligners back in their mouth after eating or drinking. That’s why Invisalign Teen clear aligner trays come with a blue indicator dot that is able to keep track of how many hours the aligners have been worn for that day. The longer aligners are worn for, the quicker the treatment!
Invisalign Teen also comes with extra replacement aligners since teens tend to damage or lose aligners a little more frequently than adults.
Invisalign Teen is an excellent treatment option for adolescents that need an orthodontic treatment, but don’t necessarily want to go down the path of traditional braces and worry about food restrictions or metal braces that get in the way of their yearbook pictures.
Give Yang Orthodontics a call/text at 215-757-0864 or schedule a free consultation to determine if Invisalign Teen is the best treatment option for your child.